Mobile applications are firmly entrenched in the life of a modern person. Games, services, payment systems, aggregators – all this is available on the smartphone. If you are thinking about an iOS or Android OS create project of mobile app that will make a profit, here some tips for you about necessary documents for IOS or Android application developer and for the development itself.
Mobile app development documents
There are three types of documentation of prime importance for developer mobile apps:
A brief is a document that is filled out by the customer about system or mobile application and contains the basic information necessary for the contractor, but does not pose exact tasks and does not determine the details for their implementation, as a technical task. This is a concrete vision of the project by the customer, written in general terms, without exact technical details.
The main purposes of the brief are the following:
- give the contractor a general understanding of the customer’s business in general and the application design in particular;
- help the customer to formulate their thoughts, goals;
- establish initial contact between the contractor and the customer;
- saving time and customer effort;
- give the contractor data on the basis of which he will be able to assess the time and cost of developing a mobile application.
What contains a brief for a mobile app development?
- Customer data: name, contacts, company name, field of activity, list of key goods and services.
- It indicates the purpose of creating a mobile application, for example: increase sales, make communication with customers more convenient, etc.
- Target audience. Who will use the application and what they will do in it.
- Here are examples of competing applications that are similar to the idea of the customer, as well as what I would like to give up and do otherwise.
- Be sure to indicate for which platform you want to develop the application: Android, iOS, or both at once.
- Approximate structure and functionality of the application.
- Integration with other systems and services: payment systems, social networks, etc.
- Drafts and best practices, if any.
- Terms and prices.
Technical requirements is a document that fully describes the goals, objectives and boundaries of the project, functional and non-functional requirements, screens of the future application and integration with services.
The analyst and the development team develop technical requirements jointly. This approach guarantees the quality and completeness of the document being developed, thanks to the participation of competent technical specialists.
In addition, the technical requirements form all the conditions for the delivery of the project, which is a very important section for the customer. This means that based on the approved and agreed technical specifications, the acceptance of the finished mobile application will be carried out.
The technical requirements include the following sections:
- general information on the project;
- technologies and requirements for the implementation of the system;
- functional and non-functional requirements;
- description of application screens;
- description of integration with services.
Mobile app development documents for investors
The following documents are included in the package of documents for investors:
- The presentation shows the main idea, competitors, or vice versa the fact of their absence. Competitors are indicated in terms of “do not repeat mistakes” or “want to repeat successful experience in another = free market”.
- Business plan. A business plan includes the choice of the scope and concept of the application, the choice of platform, terms of reference, calculation of the budget and development timelines, as well as the preparation of a plan for promoting the mobile application.
- Marketing plan: the cost of attracting users with the rationale for allocating the budget to specific advertising channels.
- Filled in investor materials: questionnaires, summary forms, etc.